About sensory planet
Sensory Planet is a person-centred multi-sensory venue that has been carefully designed to meet your needs. The spaces and experiences we provide celebrate your individuality and unique sensory needs.
We’re part of Enable Unity CIC, a not-for-profit community interest company established in 2018. We’re passionate about cultivating a more creative and innovative, accessible and inclusive play industry.
Sensory Planet was born out of the need for an accessible and inclusive multi-sensory venue for all.
We understand the stress, frustration and challenges that parents and carers face each day. The planning and juggling required sometimes just to leave the house. It’s our mission to help lighten that load.
Our Knottingley venue, Sensory Planet is an activity centre that’s designed for babies, children and adults. Our centre is fully inclusive and features everything you need to make your visit that little bit easier, like accessible toilets, a spacious changing area, free parking, generous time slots, exclusive hire and regular group bookings.
Massively recommended this place! I had as much fun as the kids! Staff were fantastic and prices are great! The photos don’t do it justice. Honestly great for ALL children, whether they have special educational needs or not
Amy L Brooke
Amazing for little ones! We booked both rooms and it was so nice to have them to ourselves. Something different to busy play areas. 10/10 Highly recommended.
fabulous place. Took my son (9) friend (11) and nephew (13mths). They all loved both rooms and even us adults had a sensorytastic time! Highly recommend and will return. It was easy to get to and the staff were lovely.
Would highly recommend sensory planet they were brill went for my sons birthday who is ASD and non verbal he had the best time Xx
Very calming atmosphere with helpful kind and understanding owner.
Great place to take kids and anyone with sensory needs friendly staff very polite
Brilliant space for my asd son. Great value and just a lovely place to be.
Very clean very well run by the really friendly helpful staff the sensory rooms are amazing and have everything your child could need
Had a lovely time with my grandson karter at sensory planet,the staff were lovely we will definitely be visiting again, 😀
First visit here last week and I must say what a wonderful place this is! The staff were so friendly and helpful, they even made me coffee free of charge 😊 The kids loved this place so much that I booked again for next week! It's so clean and the layout is excellent.. very safe for kids to just wonder which for parents/carers is just great. Look forward to my next visit
What is a multi-sensory space?
The multi-sensory space is a safe and versatile environment with lots of different elements to stimulate or calm the senses. The space can be used as a place for excitement and stimulation, or a space to seek peace and relaxation.
Our rooms feature a wide range of multi-sensory resources. We’ve focussed on several different elements of the sensory experience including;
- Visual, watching and seeing
- Auditory, listening and hearing sounds
- Kinaesthetic, physical activity or body movement
- Tactile, using the sense to touch
From colour-changing bubble tubes and tactile panels to fibreoptic lights and comfy cushioned platforms, we’re sure you’ll find your favourite piece.
We’ve made our booking process as simple as possible. You can view our availability and book your place online. Here are a few things you need to know:
- Your booking will grant you exclusive access to one sensory room – Galactic Ultraviolet or Luna Interactive. Select the room you would like via the online booking system.
- The rooms are bookable for 90-minute time-slots. You can book consecutive time slots if you would like a longer stay and if we have the availability.
- Each sensory room can accommodate five people at any one time.
- You can hire the whole facility which includes the use of both rooms – Galactic Ultraviolet and Luna Interactive. This is up to 10 people.
- Interested in a regular day and time? Block bookings are available to secure your preferred slot. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Your payment is taken securely by our booking system. However, if you do need to pay by invoice, please contact us in advance. NB. Full payment is required before access is granted.
- You can read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions here
From the A1(M) Motorway
- Take the A162 exit towards Hull/M62/Pontefract/A645
- Keep right to continue on A162
- Slight left
- Turn right onto A1 Business Park
- Turn right to stay on A1 Business Park
- Head north-west on Baxtergate towards Bridge St
- Turn right onto Horse Fair
- Continue onto Broad Ln
- Turn left onto Southgate/A645
- Continue to follow A645
- Turn left
- Turn left onto A1 Business Park
- Turn right to stay on A1 Business Park